Trying to understand DOL Database

For any problems with Dawn of Light website or game server, please direct questions and problems here.

Moderator: Support Team

Re: Trying to understand DOL Database

Postby Argo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Take for a moment granted the fact that i have no clue about PhP and that i have no idea how to read your templating script, how do you asure that a lvl 10 decayed zombie in camelot hills differs from the lvl 30 one in Avalon marsh? I am sure you've done an awesome job but how do you differ with lvl and region?

kind regards
Argo
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Leodagan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:45 pm

PhP is a C-like language, should be pretty much readable if using other language like C# or Java...

With this script you won't be able to tell apart low level mobs spots from high level into the same region...

At best this two spots are currently mob-implemented with some fields with incompatible data :
I can't merge MeleeDamageType or VisibleWeaponSlots or different guild name and other field that I just ignore...
Or by default they raise an error and the record appear in RED in the displayed list and WON'T be updated by the script ! (that mean should be handled manually)

But if you locate the "Mob" query in the script (it's just a string) you can try to JOIN it with my previous Mob_Location VIEW then group by "NAME", "REGION", "ZONE" (in this order, instead of just "NAME" and "REGION") and the script will apply automated merge only between batchs that has a unique Name, Region and Zone

But to be honest, the mob you're using as example was already templated in Public DB, and my script don't have options to handle templated mob with replacing values (it can handle templated mobs with non-replacing value, but will mostly break things, and at last will create a new template anyway to prevent overwriting previous working data...)

If you want to give it a try, just put it in a web-hosting PHP-compliant service (use WAMP if you want easy way) edit the mysql->connection string in the PHP file (head of the file), and you'll just be displayed with 10 examples records, nothing will happen until you push update button ;)
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Leodagan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:48 am

I am sure you've done an awesome job but how do you differ with lvl and region?
You've ended convincing me...

Here is the reworked script with the updates I was talking about Zone "JOIN"

But there is no switch to go between Region split or Zone Split, this one use only Zone split ! (which will split template of guards accross Frontiers Zones...)

I think it can do what you expect like that :)
Attachments
create_templated_mobs.php.txt
(24.46 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Leodagan
Developer

Postby Argo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 am

sounds cool, i'll take a look at it ;)
Möge Gott sein zwischen Dir und dem Leid, an allen dunklen und verlassenen Orten, die Du erreichen wirst.
Argo
Server Team

Postby Leodagan » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Updated script !

Previous one had trouble with "already templated mobs" and the update clause was not filtering by Zone...

This should be much workable (used to produce PubDB V3.1)
Attachments
create_templated_mobs_2.php.txt
(24.57 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Leodagan
Developer

Return to “%s” Support