DAoC Portal Client v2.0 Released

DAoC Portal Announcement Forums, this forum is for DAoC Portal related announcements. You may reply to topics created here.

Moderators: Support Team, Website Team, Developer Team

DAoC Portal Client v2.0 Released

Postby Etaew » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:17 pm

Hello guys, today I've released DAoC Portal Client v2.0, the following are the changes:

- Added: Grouping to the server list, to show offical, supportive, established and non supportive servers.
- Added: You can now see the total number of players and servers on DAoC Portal from the status bar at the bottom.
- Added: Ability to see when a server was last updated on the list.
- Added: Ability for a DAoC Portal message of the day to be set and displayed.
- Added: Ability to minimise DAoC Portal to the tray.

The following are being discussed for future versions:

- Added: Ability to Quick Login chars and remember by server (Character Manager).
- Added: Ability to set a default server (Server Manager), which launches in a mini mode which displays more details about the server and no other, mini mode can read news from rss feed or update script (from db).
- Added: Ability to store passwords and usernames for different servers (Account Manager).
- Added: Ability to ping a custom server to see if it is online (with a refresh timeout).
- Added: IRC client for general DAOC Portal as well as specific servers, new field in server db.
- Added: Auto updater for DAoC Portal instead of uninstalling and reinstalling each time.

Feedback on the current notes and future notes are welcome.
Retired DOL Enthusiast | Blog
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Re: DAoC Portal Client v2.0 Released

Postby Graveen » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:04 pm

/bow
* pm me to contribute in Dawn of Light: code, database *
Graveen
Project Leader

Postby Larogoth » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:37 pm

Awesome!!!

Funny DAoC flash video (Clicky): http://www.koboldin.de/demhibbies.swf

- Larogoth
-- DAoC Elder
--- DOL Noob ;-P
Larogoth
DOL Novice

Postby stealth215 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:00 am

when the popup asks about if you want to update, and you click yes, the link leads to a blank page

http://www.daocportal.net/modules/mydow ... id=1&lid=3

also when you go to DL it, for some reason you see this at the top of the page:
Code: Select all
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'wwwrun'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/dol/daocportal/pages/downloads.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/dol/daocportal/pages/downloads.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dol/daocportal/pages/downloads.php on line 41

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dol/daocportal/pages/downloads.php on line 42

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/dol/daocportal/pages/downloads.php on line 43

Warning: mysql_close(): 5 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/dol/daocportal/pages/downloads.php on line 45
also, a nice feature would to beable to update the portal, instead of having to uninstall then re-install it

also making the message of the day area look better would be good, it's just kinda sitting there atm and looks ugly
Batlas: ...180982168721657816182761875612765127652176512762576576576^17867
Stealth215: i believe the proper term for that is a kajillion
Batlas: Thread winnar!
Stealth215 yay me!
stealth215
Inactive Staff Member

Postby Etaew » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:30 am

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll fix the download page at the moment, something horribly wrong with the download count I suppose.

I can't really do anything about the page that the old daoc portal version leads to, as it doesn't exist, and I'm not creating it just for updating, people will find their way to daocportal.net anyway. Future versions the download link will work.

Yes it would be nice to update the portal, I'll have to look at that for the next release, Cisien must have added it because of te way he uses registry settings.

Do you have any suggestions for the MOTD area? I'm out of ideas for the design currently, but agree it can be improved.
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Postby fireus » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:39 pm

Many nice features! Good Work!

but some stuff should be changed (just my personal opinion)

- Make it Possible to log in WITHOUT an password...many players dont use an Password...now they cant log in anymore. So we have to stay with old version because of that...
- Woul be nice to have the Option for disable the Portal try icon...ill like the old way ^^
- and could it be possible to Disable manually this Categorization of Official, Supporter, Non Support...its a nice idea to show their relation to your Dolserver Staff, but I personally dont like it. Everytime Ill refresh my list to get newest playerstats ill have to scroll and scroll and...cause it is NOT showing Servers with most population in coreect order.

Okay, besides that ill definately like the new features

greetings, Fireus
fireus
DOL Novice

Postby stealth215 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:45 pm

maybe instead of the different sections (which i can see as being annoying for some, but i don't really mind) you could use colored highlighting to show what servers contribute etc.

also for the MOTD, first try putting a black line between it and the portal/custom buttons and see how that works

and if we don't wan't people using a blank password, maybe we should code it in and add it as a serverproperty for when the account gets created, so instead of stoping people from logging on with a blank PW, stop them from creating a new account with a blank PW (this way no new accounts will be created unless the admin sets the serverproperty, and it will allow exsisting accounts with a blank PW to continue on with their merry lives)
Batlas: ...180982168721657816182761875612765127652176512762576576576^17867
Stealth215: i believe the proper term for that is a kajillion
Batlas: Thread winnar!
Stealth215 yay me!
stealth215
Inactive Staff Member

Postby LaughingLefty » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:22 pm

It's very nice.
Had some issues getting it to install to Vista64 Ult., but it's finally in.

Unfortunately, I'm now locked out of all my accounts as I use characters (!@#$%^&*) in my passwords for security.

* started a thread down in support about this.
Last edited by LaughingLefty on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It doesn't take a smart man to recognize stupidity.
LaughingLefty
DOL Visitor

Postby IStandAloneToo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:07 pm

- and could it be possible to Disable manually this Categorization of Official, Supporter, Non Support...its a nice idea to show their relation to your Dolserver Staff, but I personally dont like it. Everytime Ill refresh my list to get newest playerstats ill have to scroll and scroll and...cause it is NOT showing Servers with most population in coreect order.
That feature is there to stay. I personally want everyone to see the servers that contribute to the overall health of DoL at the top of the list. Population means nothing to me, it's the people running the server that get priority. If they help DoL, they get top priority.
Ryan
Hi :)
IStandAloneToo
Developer

Postby fireus » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:07 pm

That feature is there to stay. I personally want everyone to see the servers that contribute to the overall health of DoL at the top of the list. Population means nothing to me, it's the people running the server that get priority. If they help DoL, they get top priority.
Ok its your decision :) But PLZ reduce the free space between the lines...is it so important to give all subheads an extra Line down AND above?? Less is More :D

Found another bug, caused by this dammit Tray Icon^^ Sometimes (well relatively often xD) it duplicates or triples and even more...ill have to move my mouse over this spammed fake icons to get removed. If I dont do that im sure ill have soon 20 of them....fast reproduction :D
fireus
DOL Novice

Postby IStandAloneToo » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:22 pm

Ok its your decision :) But PLZ reduce the free space between the lines...is it so important to give all subheads an extra Line down AND above?? Less is More :D

Found another bug, caused by this dammit Tray Icon^^ Sometimes (well relatively often xD) it duplicates or triples and even more...ill have to move my mouse over this spammed fake icons to get removed. If I dont do that im sure ill have soon 20 of them....fast reproduction :D
Etaew: remove this feature - it's pointless to have it in the tray.
Ryan
Hi :)
IStandAloneToo
Developer

Postby Tolakram » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:31 am

I'm getting some crashes with the latest version.

1. DOlServer.vshost.exe keeps showing up in my task list, multiple copies. I also get multiple DAOC icons in the tray, as mentioned earlier.
Bogus, that was my fault. Somehow the Enable Visual Studio Hosting Process got turned on in the DOLServer project.

2. Trying to connect via the portal web page produces a directory not found error, though daocportal appears to be installed correctly.
- Mark
Tolakram
Storm / Storm-D2 Admin

Postby Metty » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:46 pm

Etaew: @TrayIcon
Set notifyicon.Visible = false; before closing the app should help to avoid "ghost"icons
Metty
DOL Enthusiast

Postby Etaew » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Etaew: @TrayIcon
Set notifyicon.Visible = false; before closing the app should help to avoid "ghost"icons
Yer while I was lying in bed last night I thought about doing that.
Etaew
Inactive Staff Member

Postby sooid » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:58 pm

I have a little problem with the new (as well as the old) daoc portal. I wanted to start the daoc portal using Freecap (since the damn admins blocked all the needed ports at my university, even ftp) but since it didn't even start with the old version, I tried using the newer one.

When I start it using Freecap, I get the two following errors:
Message motd1, report this message number and the following error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details. ---> System.Net.WebException: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()

at System.Net.DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()

at DAoCPortal.MainForm.motd_DownloadDataCompleted(Object sender, DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs e)
Message 10, report this message number and the following error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details. ---> System.Net.WebException: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()

at System.Net.DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()

at DAoCPortal.MainForm.vc_DownloadDataCompleted(Object sender, DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs e)
Well I ignored them and tried to log in, I even reached the character selection and the loading screen. But when the loading bar is full, the client crashes to the desktop without any further errors.

Is there anything I can do to use the portal via Freecap or is that impossible?
sooid
DOL Follower

Return to “%s” Announcements